Monday, November 14, 2005

le Grand brun avec une chaussure dans la Tamise

Tonight I was talking through MSN with my girlfriend, and guess what, she started asking me when was I going to start writing again on my blog. So I start to explain I could not do it this week end because I was always somewhere else, far away from my computer. But she is having none of it, hey that's why I love her, and she told me I should start writing in English. Damn, hat's a nice idea, thank you my girl. Before it was a pain in the ass to get my hands to move quicker to write my daily article, and now I've got to do it in a foreign language. Sometimes, I wish you would have told me this earlier since I'm speaking in english a lot in my head. And when I say a lot, I mean an awafull lot. I speak as much in english as in french in this little twisted head of mine. Alright most of time my internal speaches are only made of sentences I've heard somewhere else, but that's a start. And look at what I'm doing right now. Impressive isn't it. Now if I could only get on this damn Titanic in time to push Di Caprio in the water earlier and scream I'm the ing of the world instead of him that would be the highlight of my day.

But enough of this personal babbling and let's get to the core of what you're all waiting for, my personal babbling about everything and nothing. It's quite the same but in a more focused form. Damn, writing in english for the first time on this blog make me feel a little weird. But anyway let's get on with it and start this thing. I am a Metal fan. According to some people it's not written on my face but I can definitly feel it in my gut. I'm so much into Metal it's sometimes ridiculus. If you go ito a record store with me you'll always seem me looking for classic record I've only heard about. One guy on this board said this album was great so it must be, right ? the Almight internet, without it we would be lost metal fans around the world without the knowledge to listen to the good stuff. And that's why I'm obsessed by record store. They are the altar where I seek the essence to keep me on my toes. I come in and look at every title, every new thing that wil catch my attention will make feel a little nervous. I pich up the record, Look at the slave, try to decipher the meaning of the tittle, and then only, if I don't recognize the band at all, I will look at the label that put out the damn thing. Sometimes you learn a lot more about a band with a specific record label than you do with the sleeve.

For exemple, Relapse will only put out good record. And most of the time this is a true fact. Wel, at least according to my taste, cause I know a lot of people that might argue with this point. But that's my blog, and if you're happy with the content, you might just skip this part and start reading something else. Anyway, I always look for this kind of small detail that would not matter to most people but are, like lost footprints on a dirty road, a clue that will awake the appetite of the detective in me. Going back to my topic, I said record store were a safe heaven for me. I always feel a little more confortable in the company of music, even if no CDs are playing. Music is my life, and there is no way, no possibility that I could deny that. Metal is a big part of this, and I must admit that I am never very happy to buy a different record, but at the end of the day, it's this kind of music that I will buy reluctantly that will make me evolve to the next level. I remember clearly the day I found "Formulas fatal to the flesh" by Morbid Angel. I only got into Death Metal because of the feel of this record, and I did push myself a little to buy it.

Same again with "Lateralus" by Too. I was planning on letting it in the store, then after I said goodbye to a girl friend of mine, I rushed back to the store thinking it was a good opportunity to make up my mind on this band everyone was so extatic about. It only prove a little more that I shound trust my instincts more often and don't look too much at the expense I am making. Well, no, I should watch a little more all the money I spend in this kind of shops, but money can alwayd be found again. Not records. My personal philosophy is that good music can make you evolve spiritualy and help you in your life. Gret art does this to people. A book, a painting or a movie can change one's life and it's the same with music. the Littles sparks in my body are to be trusted when I look at the cover and see a name not familiar enough with my always expanding knowledge about Metal and music in general. Don't pass on a hidden gem of you might regret it. I will always remember the records did not get when I found them, thinking they were not very good. I try to not repeat this kind of situation so I am always lookinf for more informations. You might call it a never ending loop but I prefer to call it my life. Scarry for some, fantastic for others. Me ? I love it. And that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

zOMG, it's in english!!!!

Else, errrrr... What a life we could say : You're a fucking Kinght and your holy grail is a good cd. And of course you're not the type that's gonna raid a cd store without information. So good luck with your quest an' I hope I will see you somedays near Jussieu :p.
(if you say that my english suxx : screw you guy, I'm going home)

ptitétoile said...

Hey ! That's a good start...
Just keep on this way !