Tuesday, November 15, 2005

There's no difference between you and me

I love my job. No, I really do. I always smill and laugh a lot during the day. I would love to read every book I put into boxes, all day, every day, from 14 to 22. And I never look at my bosses in disbelief ? No, that's just not me. Well, not the motherfucker who is working, I can assure you. When I come back to my home, now that's another story alltogether. I look back at my day and thanks every god to let me have a job but I also curse them all for this lifeless day. It would seem that I'm not a happy fellow but that would be totaly untrue. My work makes me happy because I am working, in other words, because I'm making money and I am therefore able to buy all the stuff I want. Look at the precedent article and re read it if you want an explanation about my satisfaction concerning my financial wealth.

Anyway, everything is not as grim as a Black Metal record and I still go to my job without stiching my claws to the walls while my parents try to throw me in the car. I like my job because I can make up stories about the content of the books I put in my boxes all day long. the Latest exemple ? Elmer ! Elmer is a friendly elephant with nice and shiny colors on his body. I am sure he is the most beautiful elephant of the jungle and all his friends love him. What a lucky guy ! Elmer is the hero of a lot of children book, of different sizes and shapes. A small but important detail when you are looking for a specifc variation of the book and people insist on sending you the wrong one. They have computers and boxes at my job, but nno guns. Now I know why they don't have any. They don't want this place to turn into a bloodbath. But lets go back to Elmer and his wonderfull world of elephants. Elmer'st story always have a second level. Yes, Elmer has a old grand father and he likes to talk to him. But it's also a nice way to tell the yound readers about death and what happends when people gets old.

Another exemple of this kind of second level would be "C'est mon papa". When coming back at home the mother of the heroine is a little rude so our wonderfull little girl is not very happy. During the whole night, and the whole night, she will do everything to piss off her mother and make her very sad. Isn't she beautifull ? But hey, don't worry, at the end of the book she makes up and kiss her mother and everything is alright. the Morale of the story ? don't fuck with children. But again, let's go back to our budy Elmer. Today, while I was putting back Elmer's book in his box, I could not help but read the back of one of the book, "Would you like to know about Elmer's many friends ?". Oh yeah, we would all like to know to know about Elmer's many friends ! Well, that's what THEY want you to say. They, meaning the bunch of souless bastard who wrote this damn book just to get some more cash. Don't misunderstand me I am still happy that kids are reading nice books with shiny colors and that I help providing them the first real stories they will ever hear.

But I can't help to be disapointed by the general lack of imagination from this book when a stupid concept can be turned into a giant cash machine. the Best exemple of this behavior would be "L'histoire de la petite taupe qui voulait savoir qui lui avait fait dessu". Hell, with a tittle like this you don't really need to read the book. No surprise here, you will get what you all want, small animals and all kinds of shit. Our new friend the mole wakes up with a nice big shit on her head. Damned, who would have the gut to do this to her ? So she starts asking around to all the animals who live around her hole. And every animals shit to show her "Well, you see, my shit looks like this, so it cannot be me". Genius isn't it. And in case you were wondering, I am not making this up. In fact, it's so real that we have the book in three or four sizes, a german version of the book (the author is german) and even a box with a fluffly mole with, you already guessed, a shit on her head. Parents around the world can all be very proud of their kids now. Just don't look all surprised and innocent when your kids will turn into scatophiles. This is where the next generation of perverts and maniac is coming and I am a part of it. Now that's something to be proud of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had doubt before, but now I'm sure of one things after reading this post : The muthafucker who set fire on the powder keg of the suburbs was you. Because of your work. Book are dangerous for your health, read them at your own risk :p

Hororo said...

Say what ?
Je ne parlerais qu'en présence de mon avocat !